Monday, December 3, 2007

Why Hockey?


Some people have been asking me why I am so "into" hockey, especially if I am originally from North Carolina. Well, to make a long story short, I used to work at the RBC Center (when it was called the Raleigh Entertainment and Sports Arena) for 3 years when it first opened. That is the home of the Carolina Hurricanes.

I knew nothing about hockey but I was always a big sports fan. As I worked at the arena, I began to pick up on the intricacies of the sport. It was way different from anything I was accustomed to seeing.

What KEPT me hooked was what I follow as a general rule: I first begin pulling for the team with the good looking guys! If you have any doubts about the Carolina Hurricanes, just look at the picture attached to this post. That's our team captain, Rod Brind'Amour. There are also a bunch of other hotties on the team! By the way, for those of you who don't know, he's holding the Stanley Cup. That's the Holy Grail of Hockey. Carolina won it in 2006!

No comments: