Monday, March 10, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl

I just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. Originally published in 2002, it has just made it to the big screen. I haven't seen the movie but the book was VERY GOOD reading.

I am not hung up so much on 100% historical truth to the story or not. I think that period in history is way too confusing anyway!

It was a very entertaining read and I finished it in 4 days. There was someone on line that said she had read the book in one day. Yeah okay.

I want to see the movie but I am afraid to go to the theater in case I don't like it. I'd have to get up and walk out. However, Eric Banna in tights might be well worth it!

My problem would be in not being able to picture either actress as being in their mid teens when the story first starts. Also, I don't think Henry VII looked like Eric Banna!

Jim Sturgess is in the movie as well, as Ann and Mary's brother Charles. He was very good in Across the Universe.

Eric Banna will be in The Time Traveler's Wife, which is in post production. The book was good, but I'm afraid it might not transfer well to the big screen because it is so confusing how he travels back and forth.

Let me know what you think about any or all of this.

No comments: