Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Can This Be True?!

My dad passed along one of those email "jokes" to me. I thought this one was very thought provoking. I wonder how accurate the numbers are? I am sure they are in the "ball park."


The Price of Gas Vs Printer Ink


Think a gallon of gas is expensive?This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective. These examples do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are.... You will be really shocked by the last one!(At least, I was...)

Compared with Gasoline:

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ..........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 ....... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 .... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 ... $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .....$84.48 per gallon

Evian water 9 oz 1.49... $21.19 per gallon

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap? So they have you hooked for the ink. Someone calculated the cost of the ink at...............(you won't believe it....but it is true........)$5,200 a gal. (five thousand two hundred dollars)

1 comment:

HarleyGirl said...

I haven't been here for a while. I love what your Dad sent you. I am going to show all the girls at work.. I think they will get a big kick out of what other things cost "per gallon". I also wanted to say again, what a great job I think you are doing on the country templates. Although not downloading them myself, as I have never been out of the USA, each day I check DigiFree to see what you have done.