Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Netherlands Template Freebie

The Netherlands Template is today's Countries of the World Template Series digital scrapbooking freebie. I used the windmill theme for this template.


It was difficult trying to design a template for this country knowing that such artists as Rembrant and Van Gogh are from the Netherlands. I wonder what their ideas for a 1 page layout would be for their home country! Two totally different styles of painting and two different outlooks on life would no doubt make for a couple of unique perspectives.

That is what's so great about digital scrapping...two people can start with the same "canvas" and come up with absolutely different results but still be showing the same idea.

It's also great that someone with not much artistic ability can turn around and make a "masterpiece" of a layout just by having knowledge of the software they are using.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although not my home of origin (I'm an American), I consider the Netherlands "home", the place where I grew up and I long to be back there! Thanks so much for this template.

P.S. I'm really glad you used the windmill!

Meta Meulenbelt said...

Thanks for this template. I'm Dutch and I live in the Netherlands, so I was waiting for this one to arrive on your blog :-) I like it a lot! You're right, there are a lot of ways to display the Netherlands, but the windmill (and tulips and clogs perhaps) are the most well known I guess.