Sunday, April 6, 2008

Template Freebie: Denmark

Well, after several days of Final Four downloads, it is back to the Countries of the World Template Series. Today's offering is the Denmark template.

My finace', Jeff, and I were very lucky to be able to stay for several nights at the home of the US Ambassador when we visited Denmark last fall. I actually slept in the same bed that Bill Clinton had once slept in. (I'm glad they told me that on the last morning there and not the first night...LOL)

My layout for this template shows Jeff in front of Rydhave, the official name of the the estate. During WWII the house was occupied by the head of the German forces in Denmark, Dr. Werner Best. His piano still stands in the first floor of the house.

Dr. Best surrendered the German's hold on Denmark at the end of the war in the room that is now used as a living room. It was undescribable the feeling you got knowing the history of the house. We even went into the bunker that Dr. Best had built under the house. It has been converted into a kind of family room where the Ambassador's 2 daughters watch tv, play ping pong and surf on their computers!

I have another layout I made with pictures from our trip. I used my Flourish Template.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this template. DH and I were married in Denmark 12 years ago! It was a LOOOOONG drive from where lived in the Netherlands to where we got married in Denmark, but it was worth it. Thanks for sharing!