Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Announcement!

Back "in the day" when I didn't work and had a ton of time on my hands and there was no such thing as digital scrapbooking, I was an avid cross stitcher. Ok, so I have substituted one addiction for another!



I was into the fabrics you had to use 4 holes to make one X (I think it is called "over 2 threads" or something like that.) I had books and magazine subscriptions and tons of leaflets. I had at least 2 cross stitching calendars a year for several years. I made gifts like afghans and tea towels. I cross stitched on sweatshirts using waste canvas for my son. I even tried my hand at duplicate stitch...following the "stitch" of a knit sweater.


Well, alas I have lost my hard earned ability to cross stich like I used to be able to and have little time to take it back up full scale anymore. I have to balance my time between paper and digital scrapbooking, reading and of course, my job. I keep wanting to work on it, but it has been at least 12 years since I did anything of merit. One day I will sit down and pick it back up. I keep promising myself at least.


Which leads me to my announcement. I have a box of patterns I know I will never get to cross stich. Some of the patterns are still in the magazines they came from, while some are just copied patterns thru the years. I will GIVE THEM to the first person who contacts me by email and asks for them. All I ask in return is that you send me a little something by return mail to help pay the cost of mailing them to you. Yes, the box is THAT big.


So, as soon as I press "publish" on this post, I will look to see who asks me first. Remember, I will need you to use my email address that is located on my Blogger.com profile. Just go to my sidebar and click on "view my complete profile."

2 comments:

HarleyGirl said...

WOW, a fellow cross stitcher. I too have substitued my addictions.. lol. I have made pictures and afghans. Now in the winter I scrapbook and in the summer I ride my Harley Davidson, so my cross stitch is a thing of the past. Also my eyes aren't as good as they used to be so it is more difficult to see all those little holes....but I hope you find someone who loves to do it as much as you and I have.

Deltapdawn said...

yes, my eyes bother me now and I am so rusty I can't get the enjoyment out of it I used to get. Back before computers all I did was cross stitch all I time (and watch AMC...before they got so modern.) It is another thing (like digital scrapbooking) that you don't have to be artistic to do it. You just have to know how to follow directions! LOL