Sunday, February 3, 2008

Freebie Template: Alabama


Ok, I told you yesterday that I was having trouble getting ideas for states that would translate to a template. Some things just don't do well as an outline to fill in with a picture or text!

Alabama was one such problem. Now don't get me wrong, Alabama has ALOT to offer people, but just how to get it into a template? That was the problem.

All I could think of was "Sweet Home Alabama" (which is probably one of the coolest songs ever written) and Talladega Motor Speedway! The "sweet home" part wasn't a problem, but I know you digi scrappers aren't NASCAR's biggest supporters!

Then my fiance' mentioned what is on your license plates. I looked it up and "Stars Fell On Alabama" is a jazz song dating back to the early 1930's. So that is why the Alabama template has stars all over it.

6 comments:

gapeach45 said...

Thanks for the template of Alabama. This is my oldest daughters birth state. Again plenty of pics to use. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Lovin these templates! Thank you! Some of us digi-scrappers do like Nascar lol - thanks to for the Super Bowl stuff - very cool

Jackie said...

being from Alabama, I really appreciate this one!! Thanks so very much!! And this is one digiscrapper that's a major NASCAR fanatic! we're counting down the days til Daytona.

Anonymous said...

thanks for Alabama, it looks great

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the idea of this one. I'd love to have one of Missouri (my home state) but cant even find th state dingbat font anywhere to create one. Thanks for sharing.

smileyface_108 said...

Love the templates. Thank you for sharing. As for NASCAR some of us digiscrappers do love NASCAR. I am counting the days until Daytona. :)