Thursday, March 27, 2008

Template Freebie: Canada

I'm sorry if I got a little out of line with my earlier post today . All of these templates were SUPPOSED to bring us all together as having one thing in common no matter where we live: our love of travel and the beauty of experiencing new places with the ones we love.

So I am hoping this little incident didn't change your opinion of me in a negative way.

Here is the Countires of the World Template Series freebie for today. It is the Canada template.
Canada (if it is still where I remember it to be: wink, wink) is such a wonderful and huge country I had a hard time trying to decide what the template would convey. Of course as a hockey fan I wanted to give Canada its credit for the evolution of ice hockey.

The fleu de lis in the background of the template represents the design on the flag of Quebec (simply because it was an easy design to incorporate into a background.)

And of course the maple leaf is included in the template because everyone knows (or should know) that the maple leaf automatically represents Canada. It is the symbol on their flag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Canada template. I bred a dog (cocker) who became a Canadian champion. Tragicly he died late last year. Remember the accident where the hot air balloon went up in flames and came down in a trailer park killing the balloon occupants? Tyler and his owner (an obedience dog show judge) lived in the trailer that it landed in front of. Tyler was shoved out a window to safety with his owner behind him. 3 months later he died of a strange illness that started in his respiratory system. I think Tyler is the uncounted victim of that fire.

And I hope I wasn't out of line, but since I was the one who asked for a separate template....

Deltapdawn said...

Sorry to hear about Tyler. That's a sad story. And no, you were not out of line. I appreciate your comments.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Canada. I have not been there for many years; however, have a trip planned for August so the template will surely come in handy.

Anonymous said...

Proudly Canadian and Proudly accept your lovely template of our big beautiful country.