Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Consumer Warning!!!!!

Many times on this blog I have offered tips about, or links to, websites and/or offers of products/services that I thought you might enjoy.

This time I am posting a WARNING to everyone out there.

A co-worker was telling me about a program her fiance' bought to make ringtones for his phone. He sent me a sample ringtone and it worked well with my particualr Version phone so I decided to purchase the program.

I wanted to have the Junior Nation Amp radio spot as my ringtone!

After trying several different setups with this product, Xingtone, I could not get the ringtones I had created to come to my phone via text messaging.

So, I completed the online customer service form since there was no phone number to directly contact the customer service department.

A few minutes later I received an automated response email so I am sure they got my customer service request. This email contained a "tag number" and a note not to reply to this email but that someone would contact me.

Six days passed and I never heard from anyone at that company. I filled out another customer service request that referenced the first one (tag number and all) and once again I got an automated responce (with a new tag number.)

In the second customer service request I stated that because of a lack of customer service I had not been able to use their product in the week since I had purchased it. I also said that if I didn't hear from them in 24 hours I would contact my bank and start proceedings to have the charges reversed on my purchase.

Needless to say 24 hours came and went and I did not hear from them. So yesterday I contacted my bank and filed a claim against them. It may only be $19.95, but I worked hard to earn that money. And I want what I paid for or I want a refund. By this point, I just want a refund.

I'll let you know what happens next. But I wanted to let everyone know that this comapny has no desire to help you and if you buy their product and it doesn't work right away, don't count on them to help you out. Obviously they have your money and that is all that matters to them.

The good news is that my co-worker's fiance' made me the Dale Jr. Amp ringtone (and a couple of others) so I did actually get the ringtone I wanted! All I need now is my $19.95 back!

No comments: