Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Big Decision To Make

Ok, I am at a crossroads right now. I am very sad about the traffic that my blog is getting. But worse than that, I am very down about the number of downloads my designs are NOT getting.

When you factor in that this blog is available wordwide, then it is a sad, sad thing when my designs only get 20 or 30 downloads after being registered on freebie sites everywhere. I've seen people with a thousand or more downloads on one design that personally I didn't think was any better than some of the stuff I have designed!

It only tells me one thing: not many people like my designs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Now I know some of you are very faithful regulars on here and you KNOW how much that means to me! But it breaks my heart to see designs FOR SALE that get more downloads than my FREE ones do!

Someone suggested that since I zip in .rar form that it might have something to do with it. But even when I put a link to a free unzip program in my sidebar and even put a note on 4 Shared about unzip programs for .rar, it didn't effect my downloads enough to even notice.

Funny, my "illegal" Disney designs got the most hits than almost anything else. But I don't feel right using a tradmarked design so I won't be offering anymore Disney like that.

I guess what I am getting at is this: I am going to give myself 1 more week to see if anything changes. I am going to go back in to the internet and see if there is anywhere to list my site that I haven't already done. I'm going to do everything on this end to make something happen.

If I can't tell a difference I will simply shut the blog down. Yes, designing for its own sake is gratifying. But why go to all the trouble of putting it in a blog format if no one wants it? I can design for myself and be gratified to kingdom come. Preparing the post for the day is time consuming and it has begun to feel like a burden instead of the joy it used to be.

I know I am not the most talented designer out there, but honestly I have seen some UGLY stuff that people download. Why can't they download MY ugly stuff??? LOL

Thanks again for all of you who have kept coming back and who really seem to enjoy my designs. In the meantime, please download my Flowers Collection Series that I am currently working on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't be so hard on yourself. I am pretty new to your blog and I think you have pretty neat stuff. I went back to your older stuff to and I think you have unique items!! For example, I've never seen the state things before.

Keep up the good work.....and don't give up!!