Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fitness Tip: Diet.com Nutrition On The Go Service

As you all remember, I am a fitness instructor and part of what was to make my blog a little "different" from all the other digital scrapbooking blogs was that I was going to cover other topics as well.

One of the subjects I cover is fitness and nutrition. I try to answer questions or offer helpful ideas to make your life a little more healthy. This is your second fitness tip of 2008. If you missed the first one, you can see it here.

Diet.com Nutrition On The Go Service is a really cool way to see how many calories are in the food you are about to eat if you are away from your computer or a calorie counting book. It has a lot of items in its database and they say they are adding more all the time.


Here's how it works: you simply text your food item name to their text id number and it will text you back within seconds showing calories, fat, carbohydrates and protein amounts for the food you asked about. Way cool!

Just remember, it is a free service but you do have a charge for the texting from your cell phone carrier. As for me, I am on unlimited texting (since I use it to stay in contact with my fitness clients) so I can text DIET1 all day and don't have to pay.

Let me know if this is something that might come in handy for you. Now there is no excuse to eat unhealthy...except the tried and true excuse that you wanted to! LOL

2 comments:

dllemansky said...

Thanks for this info. I stumbled onto your site and was admiring what great work you do - GREAT JOB!! and saw this diet.com info. It is really good stuff. My husband is a diabetic and needs to know the carbs in food. He will be traveling alot and this will help him manage his diabeties. Thank you so much for sharing.

Deltapdawn said...

I am so glad that your husband will be able to use this service. I think just about anybody can find a reason to use it. It takes the guess work out of a lot of things. And in your husband's condition, that really makes a difference.