Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Freebie: Iowa Template Today

Today's digital scrapbooking state template freebie is the Iowa template. While "researching" what I should do for Iowa, I saw many references to The Bridges of Madison County and I discovered that those bridges really do stand and are a big part of Iowa tourism.


I went looking for one of the bridges to integrate into the template and none of them were going to look very good once I "grayed" them out. Then I went looking for covered bridge clipart and nothing there would do either. I finally found a picture of a bridge (in another state) and it did well when it was "grayed" out.



So, if you are from Iowa, or an expert on covered bridges, and you don't recognize the shape of this bridge then at least you'll know that I'm not THAT stupid and I am aware the bridge is not from Iowa! LOL



Those of you who would never have known, now you do!



Have fun with this template. If you are filling in the corn in the background, use a very low tolorence on your paint bucket tool so that it doesn't fill in the entire back ground. Sometimes I have to use all the way down to a 1 to get the effect I'm looking for. Just keep trying until it works!

4 comments:

Anne of Alamo said...

thank you....one school project moving and grooving! and 8 year old scrapper is born! I will send you a pic when she is done!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for Iowa and I loved your story about the bridge

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Cute!

Your blog seems to be working fine now. :)

Sharon Kay said...

TY I am going to collect them just in case we visit Iowa...hope hope.